Friday, September 6, 2013

Personal Response

The Rope Swing
  One day during summer, Symi and I were very bored. We tried many different things to keep us entertained. We were in my back yard watching my tree that shined down from the sun. I came to a conclusion that I wanted to make a swing on the tree. Symi agreed that we could, so we got some rope, a thick block of wood and a driller from my dad. We looked up trying to fine a good branch that could not only hold us but hold others as well. Once we found our branch we knew we would have to saw some branches that were in the way. Symi and I both got hand saws and began to saw. We had about five large branches that were getting thrown in a pile. From sawing we were grouchy, tired, and sweaty. Symi and I got in a few little fights, but still continued. Once I had tied the rope to the thick branch, Symi drilled the hole in the block of wood. Once the hole was centered in the wood we put the rope through and tied under it. I tested the swing out and it gave me butterflies that I loved. Me and Symi had a very fun day with the swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment